Steve Staton’s Merlyn’s Books for Schools Project
Retired school principal and mayor, Steve Staton was quite taken by my new book, Merlyn Carter Bush Pilot. So much so that in the summer of 2019 he took his son to Nonacho Lake, Northwest Territories to visit Merlyn’s sport fishing camp and the site of Merlyn’s demise from an unprovoked and fatal charge of a bear. But it goes beyond that. Staton believes that there is so much important history of the North in this book that he would like to get the book into all of the northern high schools and libraries in Canada and Alaska. He has taken this on in a non-profit totally volunteer effort. I applaud and heartily support his efforts.
- Scroll down to contribute to the project
- Click here to view the list of schools
- Click here to view the list of donors
Here are ways to support the project:
While donations of any size are gratefully accepted, the cost of purchasing and delivering a library quality hard cover book to a school is approximately $50 USD ($67 CAD) per book.
- If there are any excess funds they will be applied to additional books.
- Staton will use your donation for books as needed.
- All donations will be used exclusively for the purchase of books and postage.
|Simply send a check, payable to
the Merlyn Carter Project, to
Merlyn Project c/o Steve Staton
|OR||Use this button to donate via PayPal|
If you are making a general donation to the cause and want to remain anonymous, we thank you for your support.
If you would like to provide school designation and acknowledgment
instructions, please use the following form